The Scholar-Led News Site of One School of the Arts

The Walter Times

The Walter Times

The Walter Times

Solar Eclipse 2024
Solar Eclipse 2024
April 25, 2024
The Bell Jar
The Bell Jar
April 12, 2024
Aylie Owens, seventh grade, led some of her peers to pray over the dancers and their hardships.
Break a Leg
April 12, 2024

Dress Down Pass Anyone?

College Fair

Decisions, decisions, decisions—more specifically, college decisions. Where you choose to spend your life for the next two to four years is no easy task, especially when factoring in the hefty costs of tuition and relocation. When pressing the little button on your admissions portal, it is imperative that you are confident in your decision.

This coming Saturday, 2/24/2024, at Lake Highland Preparatory School, local christian schools will be hosting a collection of colleges and universities from across the nation. Scholars will be able to meet one-on-one with representatives and admissions counselors to learn more about the multitude of options they have to pick from. Scholars who attend will be given two volunteer hours and a dress-down pass as incentive.

“You have to know what you’re searching for when you are searching online. Whereas when you’re at a college fair, you might stumble upon something that you didn’t even think about,” said Diane Downer, academic advisor.

How would you know what schools are out there on the web if you don’t even know what they are called? Thankfully, the college fair takes care of that quandary. With so many institutions represented, there is quite a chance that one might find a college or university they want to pursue. Furthermore, being able to talk to school representatives face-to-face has its benefits. 

“A lot of the time, scholars do not get the opportunity to visit many of these schools, and so this is the closest thing they get to speaking to a representative and getting information,” said Downer.

Many scholars are unable to go cross-country to visit potential institutions or be able to have a face-to-face conversation with admissions representatives about any personal queries they may have. The college fair can provide that rare opportunity to attendees; additionally, who can resist a free dress-down pass? In all, choosing to attend this year’s college fair can be an eye-opening experience for prospective students, even those who might be dead set on a dream school. It is important to have a well-rounded dataset on which you can make a proper decision. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to Ms. Downer with any questions!

Donate to The Walter Times

Your donation will support the student journalists of One School of the Arts. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.