The Scholar-Led News Site of One School of the Arts

The Walter Times

The Walter Times

The Walter Times

Solar Eclipse 2024
Solar Eclipse 2024
April 25, 2024
The Bell Jar
The Bell Jar
April 12, 2024
Aylie Owens, seventh grade, led some of her peers to pray over the dancers and their hardships.
Break a Leg
April 12, 2024

Review: New Drinks in the Cafe, Bold, and full of Spice

The+Story+Time+Cafe+introduced+new+refresher+flavors+at+the+start+of+the+2023+school+year.+
Madelyn Payne
The Story Time Cafe introduced new refresher flavors at the start of the 2023 school year.

Served ice cold or steaming hot. Bitter, strong, and creamy, or sweet and rich with a taste of spice.

The cafe has added two new coffee options to the menu: the Israeli cafe and the au lait cafe. Both coffees have a diverse flavor, making them stand out among other coffees.

When the Israeli cafe hit my taste buds, the spices took center stage, making it unlike any other coffee I have had. It was sweet and bitter, and the blend of spices made the drink delicious, each element complementing each other, drawing the best out of each flavor. The au lait cafe was enjoyably bitter, strong, and perfect for anyone who is a fan of coffee.

The Israeli cafe is inspired by a coffee made in Israel, where they heat up espresso with cardamom spice for flavor. The Storytime Cafe has made syrup inspired by that coffee using honey, salt, and cardamom for the same rich taste. The syrup allows the coffee to be sweeter, taking the bite out of the espresso’s bitterness and creating mellow undertones with a tiny bit of spice.

After traveling to Israel and trying the Israeli cafe, Story Time Cafe staffer Ashland Laczko said, “It tastes like some of the Taiwanese coffee I had back in Israel.

I recommend this drink to anyone who likes espresso and wants to try something new that is both bitter and sweet.

Au lait cafe, translated to “coffee with milk,” originated in France and is made with espresso or brewed coffee with steamed milk. The cafe uses brewed coffee, steamed milk, and a choice of added syrup or sweetener.

When I tried the coffee, I really enjoyed the taste of the coffee with its milky consistency and sweet syrup. The drink is perfect for any coffee lover who appreciates a strong, bitter flavor and smell in their coffee.

The Storytime cafe has made many excellent drinks over the years, and the Israeli cafe and the au lait cafe are great additions to the menu. Each with a different bitterness, sweetness, and consistency. I recommend trying both of these coffees, and the Israeli is now one of my favorites at the cafe.

This poll has ended.

What’s your favorite coffee?

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Donate to The Walter Times

Your donation will support the student journalists of One School of the Arts. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.